Monday, September 15, 2014

Divorce for two.

Divorce for two.


He texted me...

"I want a divorce" before I completed the sentence I threw my phone across the room. I put my hands over my face and took two breaths and picked back up the phone. 

I was not even home when I received the message. I had ran to my friends house to hang out. I left that house in a daze. I went to taco bell and bought 12 tacos. I then headed home to the man who for 6 years of my life i had taken care of even then bringing him dinner. We sat there two adults. We ate our tacos and discussed the divorce. We laughed, I cried but ultimately we ended it right then, right there. The day was March 23, 2014.

I immediately hit rock bottom. I wanted to get fucked up so I could not feel any pain. I wanted to feel nothing. I needed to numb my pain. I stayed that way for weeks. In that time I met some really cool people. My new life is anything but fabulous. In fact I'm always broke. Every dollar I made goes somewhere. I just sit around most days. I sing, I write, I watch movies. The same stuff I did with my ex-husband. The only difference is this time I am actually alone being lonely.


No comments:

Post a Comment