Monday, November 12, 2012

My Sacrifice.


Well hello there. I am having a pretty good day today. In Oklahoma it is sunny yet cold. A great day for a run in the park, or to drive with your windows down. I wanted to blog today about veterans day. I am an ex military wife and I know all about what the military sacrifices. I first want to say that I am extremely proud of my husband. He is one of those people who would have laid his life down in the name of freedom. I am lucky to have such a hero in my life. I know that without him I would be lost, so I am thankful everyday that he is home. He was in the United States Marine Corps. He has been all over the world. He spent his 4 years stationed out in sunny San Diego, California. During those 4 years he was deployed twice. These deployments led him on a worldwide adventure. He went to Japan, Australia, Thailand, Philippines, and Korea. I waited patiently in mid America for him to return. I am thankful that he did not go to the sandbox. He pushed and pushed to go, it just never happened. I am very thankful for that. 

When I first met my husband. I had no idea what it meant to be a military wife. The only thing I knew was the man I had fallen so deep in love with was leaving. I built up in my head what it was going to be like. I had no fucking clue. I was so alone. He traveled the globe, while I wondered around aimlessly like a zombie for over a year. He sailed seas, I swam in public pools. He ate exotic foods, while I had panda express. I wish that we could have done all those things together. I respect every single person who has said goodbye to someone they love. It is hard to let go. I learned over time that everything he did over there, he did for me and our daughter. He learned how to be a leader. He can fucking clean too! 
There are bad moments in deployment, but here are a few things I kind of miss.
  • Skype dates
  • Phone calls at 5 in the morning
  • The uniforms
  • Care packages
  • The homecoming
I miss all of those things. I hope all of you out there who may be going through this hold on. The road is rocky and at times it will shake you down to almost nothing. I remember one time this ex-marine came into my job at the time. He told me that when he was in and stationed exactly where my husband was he had wild times with the local girls who apparently loved American boys. I dropped to my knees, tears quickly covered my face. I could tell that my coworkers were sadden by this. I mean who wouldn't be sad watching a girl crumble and break. I have had my bad days but overall I am one happy lady.

Husband, 
               If you ever do read my blog thank you. Thank you for all you have done and will do. You are a hero in my eyes. When I think of you I think of the bright light that is inside of you. I think of a courageous man who would do anything for his family. An honorable man who has nothing but good intentions. I see a strong marine who will always protect me from the evil in this world. I feel safe in your arms. I love you so much. I hope that one day you will understand how much I am consumed by all that you are. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your adventure. I promise at times the adventure may get rough, but I am not going anywhere.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment