Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pieces of me, for you!

This is kind of an interesting thing I have been working on. I of course wanted to share if with all 4 of my fans. I have been writing since about 5th grade. I do not mean just writing letters and shit. I wrote my first short story in the 5th grade. I received author of the year award and this was a catalyst. I have been writing since. I have written too many short stories to count, countless poems, and the occasional screen play. I went through my work and not all of it was good enough to make the cut. I found little pieces of beauty in some of the poems. That my friends is what I am about to show you. 

04-25-05                                Alone in a cold cluttered hell

What do I do? I am surrounded by lies
. I do not have time to think of where I will take this life.
 The whole world is resting in my hands.
 The weight is crushing me down. I am lost in a storm, desperate to survive
. I am born to live, then I live to die.


I was going through a bit of a phase...

10-29-05                                                        Untitled

Once upon a time, there was emptiness.
I had resigned.
I met the one. He flew me away.
Now he is gone, I am gone
Life moves on.

He took my breathe away.
He takes my pain away.

Once upon a time, he came and took me high.
He took. Then he left all the same.
Leaving me the one in pain.
When you love you loose.
The hurt covers where the butterflies once flew.

That one was actually kind of good right. I was 15 years old when I wrote that. I knew nothing of true love yet my words cut so deep. I did see myself older. I have one more I would like to share.

02-24-05                                             Love is the only way

I can taste you on my lips.
What is left still lingers from your kiss.
I can smell you, like you stand before me.
I know it is nothing more than a dream.
For how can a girl like me hope for any more.

I was pretty love crazy 15 year old. I guess I am still a love crazy 23 year old as well. Some things do not change. I hope you guys like the inside look into my genius. 

Kelly E.

No comments:

Post a Comment