Friday, April 11, 2014

Life is...




Life is crazy...

I never imagined I would be who I am today, or where to be honest. I use to always tell people I would live in this town and be proud to someday call it my home. I am here now and the nostalgia has worn off. I use to have this poster of the car I drive hanging on my wall. I glorified it. I would just stare at it all day hoping to one day hop in and take the top down and cruise the world. The world doesn't work like that though does it? You can cruise it alright but you gotta check with the boss man first. 

I imaged myself famous somewhere married to Lance Bass. I literally thought we would be married. I sure can pick em! I grew up in the country. I longed for city life. I would be able to walk anywhere if I had somewhere, anywhere to go. I instead walked through woods and dirt roads that never lead to anywhere. 

My mother worked a lot growing up. I was always with my brothers and sister, or alone. When I was alone I remember walking out to the mailbox. I could feel the sun burning my long legs as I strutted out to see if any of my baby sitters club books had come in yet. I remember wishing some cute young boy my age would drive by right as he was conveniently moving next door... but no. I guess I've always been a little boy crazy.

That same young girl climbed trees and watched birds. I would watch the birds fly away and dream that someday I could do the same... but Lance Bass never showed up to take me away, no one did. I left at 17 with a baby girl and not one dream left but to be the best mom I could.

Life is funny...

I thought things had gotten better but I am still that little girl. I long for better than what I have. 


Kelly Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment