Friday, December 28, 2012

Checking In.

It has snowed twice in Oklahoma this Winter. I have dreaded both times. I sit inside all ashy and cold wishing the sun would peek it's beautiful face around those ugly clouds and say "I'm just fucking with you guys!" The harsh reality is that the sun is not going to do that. I sucked up my hatred for the cold and made the ugliest snowman with my daughter. Seriously you guys it looks like an evil penguin. I have summoned it from the depths of hell just to scare drivers who pass by.

I actually had fun playing outside. I miss those childhood moments where it would snow and school would be out and there was nothing left to do or say. My brothers and sister would grab the boogie board and we would climb this massive hill we had. See kids living on dirt roads growing up was not so bad. Anyways, we would climb all the way up top and then slide all the way down. I am pretty sure nobody ever got hurt. Okay, maybe once.

I have had a weird last couple of weeks you guys. I thought we all might die on the 21st. I understand all of that was nonsense but none-the-less the day was still kinda scary. I think the what-if of loosing your life and everything around would scare any normal person. Lucky for us we are still here. While everybody else was worried about dying, I felt like I could finally start to live. I mean the pressure of what-if is intense. I feel like the world around me will always go on. I worry for my child's future, but I have faith that some of the simple problems can be solved and we can fix things for the future. All of those problems sound easier said than done.

I really hope all of you guys have a wonder New Years Eve. Please monitor your intake. I work as a waitress and that is a big night in the service industry. You could not imagine what we deal with. The last thing we need is a full grown adult acting like a child in a public place. I hate that the most, It's like come on you are 40 years old! Drive safe please and find a designated decoy drunk driver just to be safe!

Have a wonderful evening, I will see you guys next year!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment