Friday, December 7, 2012

Downward Spiral.

I come to you with a heavy heart today. I have a topic to discuss that is not easy for me to write. I have at this point 3 people in my life who have disappointed me beyond belief. I look at them now and my heart aches. I see them struggle with no intent to get up. They will lay there until they die. They have no morals, empathy, or responsibility in this world. They will not listen to reason. They are so far gone that the person I knew is no longer inside.  This is not going to be a funny blog. What I have to say is serious and it effects many families. Today my topic is meth addiction.

I know 3 people. One person is male, 24 years of age. I have known this person for most of my life. I tell people all the time that he is still that little boy I met so many years ago. I have learned a harsh truth. He is not that little boy and that little boy will never be the same. I am not judging only trying to reach out. This boy has 2 kids. He would rather sit in jail or smoke meth then raise them like sane person would. I have yet to meet a parent who could do this. Yet I write this today with 3 people on my mind. They all have kids and families. He has been on this drug and more for approximately 3 years. His appearance has changed. His morals have gone out of the window. He has stolen from every single person that loved him. He has committed crimes to keep this habit. He has went to jail 6 times in the last year alone. I am scared for his life. He cannot read this because today he is in fact in jail. I have 2 more people on this list who are not in jail. You are both my Facebook friends. I hope for your sake you read this and change.

Person #2 is female, approximately 30 years of age. This person is more of an acquaintance but I feel the need to say something because she is on a road that leads to nowhere. She has been an addict for more than 6 years. She is a mother of one. The life she chose to live was the wrong one. I know because I have a daughter and I would die if I missed one beat. I only have one thing to say to her and that is to change now and fast.

I saved the best one for last. Person #3 is not just another person on this list. She is part of my family. I have known her all of her life. Person #3 is female, 21 years of age. She is a mother of one beautiful child. I love her with all of my heart and it is not easy for me to write this. I am tired of this lifestyle she has decided to live. She is a nomad with no hope and her soul has faded, leaving behind the memory of what was. She has broken hearts and she damn well knows it. She has been arrested 2 times this past year. She was left barefooted on the side of the road. They took her wallet, purse, and all of her clothes. She was beautiful and bright. They left her on the side of the road like a dog. This did not stop her from doing meth. I feel like that would be one of those moments when you realize that your life is fucked up. That maybe it would not be so fucked up if you just stopped smoking meth. She will be in jail for Christmas this year if she actually shows up to court. I really hope she does. That will be a week or so that I know exactly where she is. I will know she is safe and fed.

My wish is that all 3 of these people would take a note from Gandhi and be the change they wish to see in the world. These addicts are like a tsunami they destroy everything in their path. I am going to sign off now and I hope all this ranting as helped someone, somewhere.

KillKell














No comments:

Post a Comment