Sunday, December 2, 2012

What is left?

What is left.

Everything is spinning.
I am broken on the floor.
This is only the beginning.
The rest is nothing less than it was before.

I see you in my imagination.
I go to that place all the time.
To me this is a true test of patience.
Sometimes that can be the worst kind.

The world around me it breaks.
All that remains is my shame.
I cannot seem to shake this constant ache.
I have no one left to blame.

Time after time I find myself fleeing.
Looking for that shortcut in life.
I do not think of who I am hurting.
I am just playing the game to survive.

This burn within me will not die.
I search for a soul like mine.
I reached but I get denied.
I am desperately trying to shine, all the while feeling lackluster inside.

written by: Kelly Edwards



No comments:

Post a Comment