Friday, December 14, 2012

Sandy Hook Angels.

Today marked history for every American. I would like to think that we all felt the over bearing sadness that was today. I am located thousands of miles away from the school shooting that occurred today. I woke up and took my little girl to school. She is 5 and is in kindergarten. I checked my news apps and read an article about a school shooting and the reports said a teacher was shot in the foot. I felt better knowing that only a teacher was hurt. I fell asleep for a couple of hours and when I awoke I wanted to die.

27 people dead. Most of which were children. They were more than just some random kids on a TV screen. They were more than a tragedy. I felt a surge throughout my entire body. I felt disgusted. I wanted to puke. I felt pain that I have never imagined on my worst enemy. I felt confusion. I wanted to know why. Why would anyone do this?

That could have been me. That could have been my child. That could have been her school, her teachers, her peers.  Those children were so innocent. I cannot imagine anybody doing what he did today. When I think about it I cannot help but cry. To think that those children were alone and scared. Then he just killed them. I am forever changed. I am covered in tears as I write this. I just cannot believe that this happened.

I want to express my deepest apologies to the victims families. If that were my daughter I would die. The world would turn upside down. I can not imagine that kind of hurt. I am so sorry that someone did this to you and your baby. I am not religious by any means, but I know that this has to have some meaning. This has to change things. These innocent 5 year old beautiful children did not die in vain. It is moments like this were humanity has failed us. This should not have happened.

Today was a rainy day in Oklahoma. We flew our flags at half staff for all of the newest angels. The sky filled with puffy dark grey clouds. I said to myself "God is crying".
I am very emotional and this is the most sickening thing I have ever heard of in my entire life. I wish that people would see and feel the ripple effect of their actions. Every parent in America cried today. We all felt the sense of our babies fading away.

I held my daughter very tight. I explained to her that many children her age were no longer gracing us with their presents. I made her realize that she is lucky. She is lucky in so many ways. Today time stood still.

I will always carry you beautiful children in my soul. I will never let anybody forget about you. Today was an accident and you were meant for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment