Friday, April 5, 2013

She Calls Me Mommy.

Today I stood in an auditorium full of proud parents and hundreds of elementary school students. They had all gathered for the Friday assembly. This assembly was not like every Friday. They were honoring 12 students for being the.... (Insert drum roll).



Terrific kid of the month!

















I could not believe how proud I was. I stood there with a smile on my face. I have done a good job. I love seeing her shine at her school. She is just a diamond. When she is with those kids I see a whole new side of her. For those of you who do not know me personally my daughter is 6. She will be 7 in October 2013. I love hearing about all the elementary drama that goes on behind those walls.


So, apparently one of her friends is being mean to her. My daughter told me she would draw pictures for this said girl and the girl would just rip them to shreds. My daughter asked the girl why she was being mean. The girl told her she was still her friend, but she did not want to play with her anymore. All I can say is wow. She is only 6 and these girls are already evil. I remember how mean little girls can be I was a mean girl. I also was picked on so I know both sides of this story. As a mom there is nothing I want more than to protect my baby girl from harm. So naturally I wanted to find this little girl and push her down. I did not nor would I ever push a little girl down. Man did I want to though.

I have noticed a huge spike in readers for that I am thankful for. I only write to get things off my chest in a safe environment.  I just wanted to share my proud mommy moment. 

Kelly Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment